astronomers got tired after watching the moon go around the earth for 24 hours so they decided to call it a day
Petition for this to happen in a commercial.
i live in constant fear that i will log on one day and my dash will be literally nothing but posts about the homestuck update. like somehow the 300+ people i follow are secretly homestucks and i won’t be able to see a non-homestuck post until a week after the update.
things straight ppl say in movies
haven’t drawn homestuck in forever but cute witchy gfs
Plus what is the point anyway?
This is so misleading that it is frankly a lie.
First of all, “Scientists” haven’t solved anything except determined the results of a DNA test—matching a still-living descendent of the sister of a mental patient with a 126-year-old semen stain on the shawl of a single woman thought to be killed by the Ripper.
- The idea that they could have a “100% match” is highly tenuous at best; siblingship is a tricky thing to discover through DNA to begin with, and vastly more so when you take into account that they’re testing the descendent of a sibling. There’s a reason that whenever possible, geneticists prefer to test a parent as well as a sibling, given how many DNA loci are recombined to form a sibling’s DNA. They also “matched” the shawl’s owner’s bloodstain to her “three-times great-granddaughter,” proving again a “100% match.”
- The DNA evidence has not been independently verified by any authorities.
- The shawl itself, the one and only piece of physical evidence, has not been independently verified. It “is thought” to have been part of the case.
- The lead detective on the case is not a detective. He is a self-proclaimed “armchair detective” and history nut.
- He is selling a book about this. It doesn’t take an “armchair detective” to realize that a book about looking for Jack the Ripper’s identity is not going to turn a profit without showing “conclusive proof” that they’ve found the killer.
- His only other proof is the fact that Kosminski was recorded as a suspect in the 1800s by the police, who were notedly anti-Semetic (Kosminski was a Polish Jew).
- This “study,” if it can even be called that when the information was clearly biased, was reported in the Daily Mail and the Mirror, not exactly shining bastions of journalism. Look for it to be discredited very soon. I’m betting Cracked’s “B.S. News Stories that Fooled Your Facebook Friends” gets there within a week.
- The apparently brilliant scientist that has pioneered this new DNA matching technology, Dr. Jari Louhelainen, is hardly a standout in his field. He is not decorated, has received no awards or fellowships that I’ve been able to find, and is a professor at a college that has turned out only one notable alumnus in the scientific field, ever (and she is an astrophysicist).
- Even if the shawl and its two spots of purported DNA were not obviously of over-inflated importance (and if they could be verified), that is far from saying the mystery of Jack the Ripper is solved. All that would be in today’s courtroom is a single piece of circumstantial evidence for ONE of five serial murders.
- The newspaper that reported this is a tabloid.
- The “detective” is an amateur with a book to sell.
- The “scientist” is a lecturer at a new university in England that focuses on sports.
- The “evidence” is over-hyped and far from conclusive.
- The “evidence” only points to Kosminski for ONE murder out of five.
This is not research. This is sensationalism. The mystery of Jack the Ripper is far from solved.
The bodies of two Tampa teenagers were discovered Thursday morning on a roadside in Duval County.Angelia Mangum, 19, and Tjhisha Ball, 18, were found about 1 a.m., according to law enforcement. A witness told Jacksonville news station WJAX the teenagers were bound with zip ties and lying on top of one another."Two witnesses were driving by and they saw bodies and they called 911," Sgt. T.K. Waters told news station WJXT.Officers were dispatched to Sisson Drive, near the intersection of Main Street North and Clark Road.Investigators suspect foul play and are trying to determine the causes of death."They were in an area where they would have been noticed, so I think it was fairly recently since they’d been left there,” Waters also told WJXT.A medical examiner has taken the bodies to determine the cause of death."I just don’t understand what happened," Ball’s sister, Crystal Moore, said.According to Moore, both women had been living in the Jacksonville area off and on for approximately a year and a half."I feel like sometimes that I failed," Ball’s mother, Jerlean Moore, said. "What could I have done? What could I have taught her better? It hurts…it really hurts."It’s a pain that’s only worsened by the fact that no one has been caught.
let’s care just as much about black girls being murdered as we do about black boys. signal boost.
College students can now get microsoft office for free
Just go here and sign up with your college email. You can install it on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on other mobile devices, including Windows tablets and iPads.
don’t look at my face look at my outfit
That feel when your favorite character isn’t a main character so when you’re watching scenes it’s like